Listed amongst the most comprehensive universities in Texas, the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio looks at giving an all round academic experience to its students steeped in Judeo-Christian tradition. It was founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word but got the full University status and current structure in 1996.
With current enrollment numbers close to 10,000 students annually, it is one of the largest Catholic university in Texas and the fourth-largest private university in the state. In fact this University is ranked No. 1 across US among faith-based universities in the conferring of bachelor’s degrees to Hispanics by the Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine. Overall it has been ranked #6 in the country among all private, not-for-profit universities.
Why Pursue The MHA Degree?
The University Of The Incarnate Word is driven the spirit of selfless community service and wellness. This program looks at educating and developing aspirants to proficiently serve any organisation like public, private and federal healthcare setting, insurance providers, integrated delivery systems and medical groups.
The course is delivered in a cohort-based format only in the evenings creating opportunity for both working and non-working aspirants to pursue it. Accredited by the prestigious CAHME, it looks at developing leaders who can take the lead role in developing leaders capable of transformative response to a continuously evolving healthcare environment.
The program also aims to awake the consciousness amongst individual aspirants to positively shape the various contours of the healthcare department. It opens up various employment opportunities for them with very high earning potential close to $99,000 annually.
What Are The Course Details?
This course is equally viable for both working professionals as well as freshers as it is offered only in evenings.
- It is a 21 month, 45-hour program in all
- It is designed for individuals seeking early career upmove in healthcare industry
- The course is built on a foundation of 24 competencies critical to the managerial success
- The courses focus on integrating managerial responsibilities, functions and human resource roles
- Facilitates developing student ability in budgeting and financial decision making, legal and ethical issues
What Are The Admission Pre-requisites?
Like most courses, the first criterion is that candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Apart from that they need
- Official transcript of all coursework till date
- One letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose explaining student’s objective and aptitude
- TOEFL scores for international students and those who do not have English as mother tongue