Well there are good institutions and then there are great institutions. The University of Iowa no doubt falls in the second category in terms of academic excellence and course structuring. One of the oldest public state supported universities in Iowa, it is divided into eleven colleges granting undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees.
Infact according to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, it has been referred to as a Research University with very high research activity. The university is a group member of the Association of American Universities, the Big Ten Conference, Committee on Institutional Cooperation and the Universities Research Association.
Why Pursue The MHA Degree?
If you are interested in assuming leadership roles in the administration part of healthcare industry, well then this is the right place for you. Accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Executives or the CAHME, this course strives to give a practical approach to the students and create windows that will help them optimise their abilities and strength to the hilt.
Not only do the students get a broad knowledge base but also develop industry specific skill-sets which can help them handle the various challenges of the industry very well but they also learn to grasp the various nitty-gritty of the actual ground level challenge and how to address them in a way that one can reap maximum leverage.
Details About The Course Structure
It is therefore needless to mention that the course structure is very comprehensive and extremely sensitive to the overall demands of the profession.
The overall learning objectives of the curriculum include:
- Structuring content in a way that aims to secure optimum performance
- Alternative financing mechanism for effective financial management of health organizations
- Develop inter-personal skills, communication abilities
- Develop the skills required to work efficiently in diverse environment based on the demands of the job
- Effective management of information resources and collecting, analyzing them appropriately
- Statistical, quantitative and economic analysis in decision-making
- Making aspirants aware of the various legal and ethical aspects related to effective administration.
What Are Admission Pre-requisites?
Students need to have a baccalaureate degree from a recognised academic institute. Apart from that they need to complete the HAMPCAS application form as well as
- Official transcript of all related course work
- Official GRE/GMAT scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- Current updated resume
- TOEFEL/IELTS score for international students and those who do not have English as their native language