Located in a 524-acre property, the University of Houston-Clear Lake is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque academic institutions in United States. It has also now become a mecca of higher education along the upper Gulf Coast of Texas. Founded in 1974, the university has thus far awarded over 62,000 degrees.
With a clear emphasis on attaining high academic standards, maintaining excellent teaching and research standards and delivering outstanding community service, The University Of Houston, Clear Lake is undoubtedly one of the best mixes of traditional and modern academic experience available in the country.
The Schools of Business, Education, Human Sciences and Humanities, and Science and Computer Engineering offer more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Incidentally the School of Business moved its Healthcare Administration program to the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest medical center in the world, in 2006.
Why Pursue The MHA Degree?
There are many reasons why this Graduate MHA program could be your best bet for a flourishing career as an administrator in the healthcare department.
- It counts among the only 72 schools in the U.S. accredited by the CAHME or the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education. This is itself is a recognition of the accountability and quality standards maintained by them.
- The University is also among the only two in entire Texas with a CAHME accredited MHA/MBA programs.
- The academic program is rigorous and is laced with many field projects and real life experience for an extensive and exhaustive grasp of the inherent complexities of the course
- The dual degree of MHA/MBA is customised to help existing healthcare practitioners to get the required expertise in the overall business aspect of running the healthcare facilities
- Students get the competitive edge to enhance their marketability in the jobs arena
Students have to put together a total of 57 credit hours in the dual MHA MBA degree compared to the 78 credit hours that is required for the individual courses.
What Are The Admission Pre-requisites?
For both the MHA & The MHA MBA courses, the criterion is similar
- A GMAT score of 450
- GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- Current updated resume
- Three letters of recommendation highlighting the candidate’s aptitude for the course
- A statement of purpose highlighting why the candidates want to pursue the career of a health administrator.