The University Of Arkansas Medical Sciences (UAMS) Fay W Boozman College Of Public Health was established in July 2001. Started with the aim of bettering healthcare facilities and community wellbeing in the Arkansas region, the COPH has earned the distinction of being accredited faster than most other heath care institutions across the US.
Some of the best features of the MHA degree offered by the University Of Arkansas include:
- Focus on bettering the community health
- Stress disease prevention and health promotion initiatives
- Committed to policy development and information-gathering
The MHA programme offered by the University Of Arkansas is the only one accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education or the CAHME. It is also recognised by The Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Why Should You Choose MHA Degree?
The course structure is formulated in a way that
- Students get the optimum exposure of classroom work combined with real experience in healthcare firms
- Students get a reality check early through training by actual professionals
- Practicing senior-level healthcare administrators are able to provide students with key inputs of the ground level challenges
Apart from being members of the AUPHA, this course module is also supported by the Department of Health Policy and Management. Students qualify for the MHA Competencies on completion of the entire course requirements including the Management project and the mandatory Summer residency.
Though this program begins in fall semester, there is a spring recruitment too but only for US students.
What Are The Key Requisites?
Apart from qualifying in the mandatory application process,
- Applicants need to have either the qualifying Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
- The GRE or the GMAT tests need to be within 5 years preceding the application
- The minimum combined GRE score needs to be 1000, 50th% for the verbal section and 36th% for the quantitative
- The minimum GMAT score of 550 is required
- TOEFEL scores from tests taken within 2 years before application
Students have the option of both full time and part time course alternatives. It is essentially designed to be completed within 21 months in the full-time course module. Part-timers take approximately three and half years for the same. While Full-time students participate in a paid Summer Residency part-timers need to complete a Management Project.