Listed among the 20 major health professional schools across US, The UAB School of Health Professions was established in 1969. This school was created by the Alabama State Legislature especially with the aim of creating quality professionals qualified to serve the Alabama region which was thus far undeserved. Consistent academic and clinical training in a medical set-up continues to be the hallmark of training at this prestigious school.
Students at this University get exposure to vast resources, state of art training facilities and remain one of its kind in the entire state of Alabama. The US News And World Report ranks many of its programs in top 5 among the 25 most sought after in the country.
The health care management programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). It is also recognised by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Why Should I Choose The MSHA Degree?
The MSHA program offered by the institute is ranked #2 currently across US with commendable expertise from its over 1300 graduates over 50 years now. If you are keen on focused healthcare management and leadership program, the Master of Science in Health Administration is what you need to choose.
- The institute focuses on providing quality training and shaping leaders in healthcare services
- Follow high standards of professionalism
- Prepares students to assume leadership roles and cover a broad spectrum of healthcare services.
What Are The Course Options For Me?
With wide options of under-graduate, graduate and research programs, UAB decidedly has one of most enviable course line-ups. The Master Of Science In Health Administration (MSHA) can be followed in two formats:
- Residential Format: Training students who just completed an undergraduate degree or those seeking a career change
- Executive Format: Aimed at working professionals with at least 5 years experience who are looking to add qualification
What Are The Pre-requisites?
With the average class comprising of 25-35 students, here are the pre-requisites to apply for this program
- Undergraduate degree from accredited institution
- Exposure to accounting and finance is desirable but not mandatory
- Recommend experience in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Students need to complete an online Excel course before joining classes in Fall
Dual Degree Option
Those enrolling for the UAB MSHA Program also get the opportunity to pursue dual degree with the Master of Business Administration Program (MBA) or the Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) Program.