The Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center based in New Orleans has a long history of teaching, research, and undertaking health care functions across the state. It has six professional schools as well as seven Centers of Excellence and over one hundred hospitals under its umbrella and is affiliated by the University.
The Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center is accredited by the SACSCOC or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees as well as professional certificates. Additionally the MHA degree is also recognised by the CEPH or the The Council on Education for Public Health.
Why Pursue The MPH Degree?
The Master Of Public Health also includes the Health Administration element in its curriculum. It is essentially a professional degree for all such aspirants who are keen about making a successful career in the public health set-up.
For full-time students this is generally a 2-year course laced with equal stress on theoretical knowledge as well as practical understanding. The choice of subject is designed in a way that it can prepare students to take up the challenges of the healthcare industry as well as grasp the intricacies of an administration role with alacrity.
What Are The MPH Course Details?
The Master Of Public Health course comprises of 45 credit hours which also includes practical and a reality check through work in the actual surroundings. It prepares to take up the future challenges with relative dexterity.
The core courses provide students with some basic grounding and includes
- Health Services Administration and Management
- Biologic Basis of Health, this one is specially designed for students who come from non-healthcare background
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Principles of Environmental Health
- Research Ethics
- Behavioral Science Theories in Public Health Practice
What Is The Admission Procedure?
The next point is what exactly is the admission procedure? Well to qualify for the Master Of Public Health Course, students need to have a Baccalaureate degree from a decognised institute. They also need
- An average GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- An official score of 300 in GRE or the Graduate Record Exam is mandatory
- All official transcripts of related coursework is important
- International students need to also furnish their official TOEFL score and it needs to be at least more than 550.