Located in Georgia, the Clayton State University opened its doors in 1969 as Clayton Junior College. The founding president of this prestigious institute is Dr Harry S. Downs and it was elevated to the University status in 1996. Growing in leaps and bounds, the university now enrolls close to 7000 students annually now.
The Master Of Healthcare Administration offered by the University is quite popular and is recognized by the prestigious Association of University Programs in Health Administration or the AUPHA. That apart it is also accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees.
Why Choose The MHA Degree?
The MHA Program at the Clayton State University aims to prepare professionals who can deftly guide the health care industry to a new high and never undermine the social and ethical responsibility it upholds and represents. Some of the key goals of this course include
- Use its superior facilities both on and off campus to enhance their skills and knowledge base
- Provide quality education at a reasonable and affordable rate
- Provide practical and realistic experiences for students to grasp real life challenges as best as possible
- Add value to patient care ethics through community based residencies
This MHA course strives to make students capable of securing better jobs in the healthcare sector, further the career prospects within the industry and help aspirants broaden their career goals.
What Are Pre-requisites?
The admission process involves a number of steps and includes:
- Students have to submit a complete application for admission into the course
- Forms can also be submitted electronically using the online platform
- Transcripts of all the graduate and the undergraduate program that students would have taken thus far
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 average on a scale of 4.0
- Students can furnish either GRE or GMAT score. This might be waived off in case a student has earned any advanced degree.
- TOEFL score is mandatory for all international students and those who have not secured their baccalaureate from US
Apart from this they also need 3 letter of recommendation, a statement of purpose and provisional admission as a regular student.
What Are The Course Details?
All the students who have enrolled for the MHA have to complete the mandatory Foundation, Advanced and Elective courses. Apart from it they also have to complete a thesis and potential residency. The total credit for this program is 45.