Popularly referred to as the cradle of innovation, The Carnegie Mellon University is a world renowned institute with more than 13,200 students, 100,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Founded in 1900, they are today amongst the top ranking universities across US and has earned a name for itself for being the centre of pioneering and groundbreaking ideas that are constantly fueling successful business stories.
For 2014-2015, the Times Higher Education of London ranked the Carnegie Mellon University 24 in the whole world and 17 across US. The H. John Heinz III College is one famous college of this University and specializes in honing candidates with an aspiration of making it big in areas ranging from policy, management, and health care.
Why Choose MSHCPM?
It provides students with a comprehensive world class opportunity to succeed in various career options within the health care industry. The unique feature of the Master of Science in Health Care Policy and Management (MSHCPM) program at the Carnegie Mellon University include:
- A top ranked course initiative as per the US News & World Report
- A well researched course module geared to suit the needs of current day health care industry
- Team based capstone projects help experimental learning and leadership initiatives
The extensive alumni reach and wide number of career avenues is the additional attribute of this course. Graduates from the CMU are seen everywhere from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MITRE, Cleveland Clinic, Ernst and Young to many private foundations.
The course is recognized by the prestigious Association of University Programs in Health Administration.
Details On Course Structure
The course is designed in a way that it stresses on the need for practical knowledge and creating well balanced leaders with an eye for public good.
- It is a 2-year course where students need to complete 198 course units while maintaining an average GPA of 3.0
- The syllabus is divided into common course, health options and electives
There is an option for integrated course with undergraduate syllabus and also a dual MSHCPM with MBA degree for those interested.
What Are The Pre-requisites?
Students need to fulfill the following criterion to apply for this course:
- Undergraduate degree from an affiliated institute
- Relevant full-time, part-time of volunteer work experience
- A GPA score of 3.0 or even better
- Competitive GRE/GMAT score at par with existing standards
- Strong communication skills